Friday, June 6, 2008

Box of Joy

I have been posting on some heavy topics this week so I wanted to end on a lite note. I would like to share a story from my past with you.

There was one day, a few years back, when I was really struggling. I had been upset by circumstances and I was in a really bad mood. My oldest daughter who was 5 at the time, gave me a little gift wrapped box.

I wasn't sure what this was all about since it wasn't my birthday and I surely didn't deserve a gift that day. So, I opened it and found that it was EMPTY! I asked her what was supposed to be in it and she said, "I filled it with joy, Mommy!" To that I began to laugh and cry all at the same time. What a precious gift this was to me. I kept that box for several years and I would open it once in a while just to remember the wonderful day that my daughter gave me a box filled with joy.

I hope you all have a joyful weekend! Don't forget to rest on Sunday!

5 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

Your children are such a reflection of you. It is so obvious that you are a wonderful mother. Enjoy your weekend.

Kelly said...

We could all use a box of joy. What a wonderful gift! Thanks for the upbeat fun story!

The Patterson 5 said...

A box full of joy! That's the best gift ever and you get to open it again and again! Have a joyful weekend!

Sue J. said...

Joy can be such an intangible...it's not always that overwhelming happiness we think.

But children learn about the joy-joy-joy-joy down in their hearts, and they just want to share it--even from an empty box. Absolutely precious memory!

HisPrincess said...

A box of joy would be much appreciated in our house at the moment! What a lovely post Sonya, thankyou.

Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster